Date: Sunday, September 29, 2019 - 12:30pm to 2:30pm, in the Sanctuary
The Auction is a fun way to create community-building events—Dinners, Getaways, and Services—that bring people together.
The Dinners, Getaways, or Services that will be put on auction are provided by donors. This is where you can help us out!
We Need Your Donations!
This year we are accepting donations in the form of Dinners, Getaways, and Services. (Tangible items will not be accepted this year.)
Can’t think of what to donate?
Be creative! Have fun!
Partner with others on big events, and maybe introduce people to something new.
Here are some donations from our previous auctions to get your creative juices flowing:
- themed meal at donors’ homes
- dinner at a restuarant (italian wine dinner, small plates, southern luncheon, hawaiian night, french cuisine, make your own pizza, indonesian, lebanese, Four Sisters thai, tapas, Talk...)
- dinner and a movie
- murder mystery party
- concert at The Birchmere
- holiday neighborhood caroling (carolers at bidder’s home or event)
- games night! (bowling, bunko, dominos, Spades & Sliders, scavenger hunt)
- afternoon Tea (at home or at a tea house)
- cooking classes
- moonlight tour of D.C. monuments
- Alexandria history and food tour
- computer services
- massage therapy
- yoga classes
- kayak/canoe/sailing excursions
- painting or craft classes
- hike and picnic (lunch in the park)
- getaways at vacation properties
I know what I’d like to donate. How do I make the donation?
Use the green button to make your donation on the auction website!
Once at the auction website, please sign-in (if you have participated in previous auctions), or register (if you haven’t).
(If your email is already registered, but you forgot your password, select “Forgot Your Password” at the bottom of the web page to reset your password.)
- Sunday, August 18 (or soon after)
- An online donation form is available.
- Paper donation forms are available in the Atrium after the 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. services. (Ask a staff member if you need any assistance.)
- Sunday, September 15, 5 p.m.
- Deadline for donations.
- Deadline for donations.
- Saturday, September 21
- The auction catalog will be published online, and online bidding begins.
- A printed catalog will be available in the Atrium.
- Sunday, September 29 (AUCTION DAY)
- Online bidding ends at 1:45pm. A live auction of the ten most popular dinners and events/get-a-ways/services begins at 2pm.
- If you don’t have a smartphones or computer, we’ll have 4–6 laptops available, and staff available for your assistance .
- Proxy bidding will be accepted. Proxies must be arranged by the bidder.
Contact: Kate Law (email@example.com)