Director of Music & Arts: Amy Conley
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, in-person events are cancelled through 2020.
- But Amy will continue to provide music during our on-line live streaming of the 11 a.m. Sunday service.
- Unity Chorus, New Day and all other music sources will resume whenever in-person services resume.
Amy Conley has been the Director of the Music Ministry at New Thought spiritual centers for over 25 years. During that time, she has had the opportunity to perform with many New Thought artists, such as JD Martin & Jan Garrett, SuZ Ogden, Cynthia James, Daniel Nahmod, Michael Gott, and Lisa Ferraro. Amy is active in the D.C. area theater community as both music director and actor. She has also been working in senior centers in Fairfax County as both a piano and voice instructor and as a recreation leader. She loves sharing her passion for music and the arts.
- The Unity Chorus provides music for both services, one Sunday per month.
- The Unity Chorus rehearses weekly on Wednesday nights from 7:30 – 9:00 p.m., September through June.
- Membership is available to all—experience is not required.
- New Day has been playing for worship since 2003. This seven-piece group plays contemporary Christian, New Thought, and World music, and incorporates rock, gospel, Latin, African, Celtic, and funk styles into their sound.
- New Day is now our band emeritus, playing as an occasional guest band.
- Purchase New Day’s CDs: UoF bookstore or online.
Who is My Neighbor
The "Who is My Neighbor?" benefit concert is held each February. Each year, the Music Ministry raises awareness about a social spiritual issue of our times, performs music pertaining to the theme, and all proceeds of the concert go to benefit non-profits working in the area of focus.
The Variety Show is an annual summer evening fundraising event coordinated by the Music Ministry and open to all ages and performance genres. For more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org .