- Services and classes are live-streamed
- To attend the August 1st 11:00 a.m. service in-person, you must register:
- Support the COVID-19 Community Corps:
- receive fact sheets on vaccine safety and
- tips on how to talk with friends and family about the importance of vaccination.
Protocols for In-person Sunday Service at 11 a.m.
- Registration is required.
- Building occupancy will be capped at 70 persons total.
- Service animals are welcome.
- Please leave pets at home.
- Masks must be worn by everyone in the building regardless of vaccination status.
- Socializing will be outdoors.
- Physical distancing is encouraged;
- however, if you would like a handshake or a hug from someone, please ask first.
- There will be no nursery or Youth and Family ministry programs.
- There will not be a 9 a.m. service.
- There will not be refreshments.
- The bookstore will not be open.
- Doors will open at 10:40 a.m.
Rental Assistance Finder
From the White House:
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) “Rental Assistance Finder” tool that members of your community can use to learn about emergency rental assistance is available now to tenants and landlords.
The tool is live at https://www.consumerfinance.gov/renthelp and you can use the hashtag #RentHelp on social media.
We would be grateful if you can share this far and wide!
Important information about Wearing a Mask. For example, do not double mask when wearing a KN95 mask.
Fairfax County & Falls Church
Do you need help paying your Fairfax Water bill?
Eligible residents can apply for assistance through the COVID-19 Municipal Utility Relief Program through Dec. 1, 2021
- COVID-19 Information (Testing, Vaccine, etc.) - www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19
- Telephone: 703-267-3511
- Emergency Information (Vaccine, etc.) - fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com
- Neighborhood and Community Services - www.fairfaxcounty.gov/neighborhood-community-services/basic-needs-assistance
- Telephone: 703-222-0880
- Human Services Resource Guide - www.fairfaxcounty.gov/hsrg
- Text Message Updates - Text FFXCOVID to 888777
- Text FFXCOVIDESP to 888777 for updates in Spanish.
State & Federal
Other COVID Resources
Visit the Other COVID Resources page.
- Unity of Fairfax will use the weekly email newsletters, video blogs, website, and exterior sign to update the community and provide inspiration.
- Please stay up-to-date with the latest recommendations.
A Silver Lining Behind “The Cloud”
The 11 a.m. Sunday livestream continues. You can join the congregation online.
Click on the livestream link to watch. Also, our dedicated staff continues to maintain office hours, as it is easy for them to maintain recommended social distancing.
In this time, I encourage you to maintain your financial support of Unity of Fairfax. You can donate now on our website or use the Txt2Give option (by texting “Give” to 703-935-4525) to support our ministry. As always, you can also mail your gifts to Unity of Fairfax, 2854 Hunter Mill Road, Oakton, VA 22124.
An Affirmation for Health
Let us hold this affirmation together:
Centered in the awareness of the omnipresence of Spirit, we affirm healing and wholeness for all.
May those working on behalf of the common good be receptive to divine wisdom in the fulfillment of their call to service as this challenging experience is brought to a speedy resolution.
So it is, and so we let it be.
Yours In Unity,
—Rev. Russell Heiland