- The church is physically closed except for key staff members and maintenance.
- Services and classes are live-streamed.
- The Labyrinth Plaza, Medicine Wheel and the Meditation Garden remain open. Please observe social distancing and safety guidelines. Bathrooms are not available.
Jeffrey C. McKay, Chairman Fairfax County Board of Supervisors:
As of Tuesday January 19th, we had administered 25,989 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.
As of January 21st, we have over 115,000 people on our waitlist.
Fairfax County & Falls Church
- Vaccine Registration - www.fairfaxcounty.gov/health/novel-coronavirus/vaccine/registration
- Vaccine Registration by Phone - call 703-324-7404 (Mon-Fri, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Sat and Sun, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- COVID-19 Information (Testing, Vaccine, etc.) - www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19
- Telephone: 703-267-3511
- Emergency Information (Vaccine, etc.) - fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com
- Neighborhood and Community Services - www.fairfaxcounty.gov/neighborhood-community-services/basic-needs-assistance
- Telephone: 703-222-0880
- Human Services Resource Guide - www.fairfaxcounty.gov/hsrg
- Text Message Updates - Text FFXCOVID to 888777
- Text FFXCOVIDESP to 888777 for updates in Spanish.
- Vaccine Pre-registration - www.arlingtonva.us/covid-19/vaccines/registration/
- Vaccine Registration for people over the age of 75 - www.virginiahospitalcenter.com/patients-visitors/safe-care-with-us/covidvaccine/
- Vaccine Pre-registration - redcap.vdh.virginia.gov/redcap/surveys/?s=FHW4TYF8MP
State & Federal
Other COVID Resources
Visit the Other COVID Resources page.
We use the following website to determine when it might be safe to reopen: U.S. COVID Map & Risk Levels
Summary of the Reopening Letter from Rev. Russell Heiland and John Kell, First Chair, Unity of Fairfax Board of Trustees, dated August 2, 2020:
- The recommendation presented to the Board at its July meeting was to maintain only virtual worship and activities through the remainder of 2020. (Note: as of January, 2021, virtual worship and activities is extended.)
- The building and grounds remain open for staff and essential volunteers only following proper safety guidelines. Likewise, the Labyrinth and Meditation Garden are open and available for individual use following safety guidelines.
Guiding Principles for Reopening
- May 28, 2020
- Unity of Fairfax will use the weekly email newsletters, video blogs, website, and exterior sign to update the community and provide inspiration.
- Please stay up-to-date with the latest recommendations.
A Silver Lining Behind “The Cloud”
The 11 a.m. Sunday livestream will continue. You can join the congregation online. (A few service leaders and volunteers will be on-site to inspire you!)
Click on the livestream link to watch. Also, our dedicated staff will continue to maintain office hours, as it is easy for them to maintain recommended social distancing.
In this time, I encourage you to maintain your financial support of Unity of Fairfax. You can donate now on our website or use the Txt2Give option (by texting “Give” to 703-935-4525) to support our ministry. As always, you can also mail your gifts to Unity of Fairfax, 2854 Hunter Mill Road, Oakton, VA 22124.
An Affirmation for Health
Let us hold this affirmation together:
Centered in the awareness of the omnipresence of Spirit, we affirm healing and wholeness for all.
May those working on behalf of the common good be receptive to divine wisdom in the fulfillment of their call to service as this challenging experience is brought to a speedy resolution.
So it is, and so we let it be.
Yours In Unity,
—Rev. Russell Heiland