- The church is physically closed except for key staff members and maintenance.
- Services and classes are live-streamed.
- The Labyrinth Plaza, Medicine Wheel and the Meditation Garden remain open. Please observe social distancing and safety guidelines. Bathrooms are not available.
NEWS: starting Sunday, April 18, all individuals in the Fairfax Health District who are 16 or older will be eligible to directly schedule a vaccine appointment through VaccineFinder.org as Fairfax County moves into Phase 2 with the rest of Virginia. This is a significant change in how to make a vaccine appointment
Important information about Wearing a Mask. For example, do not double mask when wearing a KN95 mask.
Do you need help paying your Fairfax Water bill?
Eligible residents can apply for assistance through the COVID-19 Municipal Utility Relief Program through Dec. 1, 2021
Fairfax County & Falls Church
- COVID-19 Information (Testing, Vaccine, etc.) - www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19
- Telephone: 703-267-3511
- Emergency Information (Vaccine, etc.) - fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com
- Neighborhood and Community Services - www.fairfaxcounty.gov/neighborhood-community-services/basic-needs-assistance
- Telephone: 703-222-0880
- Human Services Resource Guide - www.fairfaxcounty.gov/hsrg
- Text Message Updates - Text FFXCOVID to 888777
- Text FFXCOVIDESP to 888777 for updates in Spanish.
State & Federal
Other COVID Resources
Visit the Other COVID Resources page.
We use the following website to determine when it might be safe to reopen: U.S. COVID Map & Risk Levels
Summary of the Reopening Letter from Rev. Russell Heiland and John Kell, First Chair, Unity of Fairfax Board of Trustees, dated August 2, 2020:
- The recommendation presented to the Board at its July meeting was to maintain only virtual worship and activities through the remainder of 2020. (Note: as of January, 2021, virtual worship and activities is extended.)
- The building and grounds remain open for staff and essential volunteers only following proper safety guidelines. Likewise, the Labyrinth and Meditation Garden are open and available for individual use following safety guidelines.
Guiding Principles for Reopening
- May 28, 2020
- Unity of Fairfax will use the weekly email newsletters, video blogs, website, and exterior sign to update the community and provide inspiration.
- Please stay up-to-date with the latest recommendations.
A Silver Lining Behind “The Cloud”
The 11 a.m. Sunday livestream will continue. You can join the congregation online. (A few service leaders and volunteers will be on-site to inspire you!)
Click on the livestream link to watch. Also, our dedicated staff will continue to maintain office hours, as it is easy for them to maintain recommended social distancing.
In this time, I encourage you to maintain your financial support of Unity of Fairfax. You can donate now on our website or use the Txt2Give option (by texting “Give” to 703-935-4525) to support our ministry. As always, you can also mail your gifts to Unity of Fairfax, 2854 Hunter Mill Road, Oakton, VA 22124.
An Affirmation for Health
Let us hold this affirmation together:
Centered in the awareness of the omnipresence of Spirit, we affirm healing and wholeness for all.
May those working on behalf of the common good be receptive to divine wisdom in the fulfillment of their call to service as this challenging experience is brought to a speedy resolution.
So it is, and so we let it be.
Yours In Unity,
—Rev. Russell Heiland