The Small Groups Ministry supports our vibrant spiritual community by providing personal opportunities for connections, friendship, spiritual growth and fun.
Unity Awakening Fall Small Groups Series
The I of the Storm
October 1 to November 12, 2017
In this book we learn to go beyond merely managing the conflict in our lives to actually embracing the conflict, allowing it to teach us what we otherwise might not learn. This process leads to peacemaking ... whether it be within ourselves, in our relationships, or as a result of outside circumstances.
The author points us to the "I" of the storm of conflict, to our spiritual Self, as the means of realizing peace in our lives.
Rev. Russell will use the book as the inspiration for Sunday talks.
Join a Small Group now to explore this book on embracing conflict and finding peace. Sign up online or in the atrium.
The groups will be held:
- Sundays, 12:30 p.m. at church, Jacquie Smith, facilitator.
- Mondays, 7 p.m. in Reston. Ron Wagner, facilitator.
- Mondays, 7 p.m. at church, in Spanish, Grupo Hispano.
- Wednesdays, 10:15 a.m. to Noon at church, Fran Patchett and Marianne Tagge, co- facilitators.
- Wednesdays, 7 p.m. at church, Judy Rodgers and Ron Karstetter co-facilitators.
- Thursdays, 7 p.m. at church, Cindy Atlee, Kate Law and Donna Lee co-facilitators.
Contact Donna Lee, Small Groups Team Lead, firstname.lastname@example.org..
Ongoing Small Groups
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Ongoing Joel Goldsmith Study Group
Tuesdays, September 12, 2017 to May 22, 2018 from 7 to 8:30 PM in the Conference Room.
This study group is focused on the writings of profound mystic and healer Joel Goldsmith and follows classes led by Janice and Charles Coyle.The first book that will be studied, one chapter each week, will be "A Parenthesis in Eternity." Some of Goldsmith's other books include:
- The Mystical I
- The Art of Spiritual Healing
Facilitated by Janice and Charles Coyle, email@example.com
Small Groups Facilitator Training
Facilitator Training for new facilitators is held before each small group series. If you would like to be a facilitator for the next series, contact Donna Lee.
If you would like to lead a discussion group on another book or topic, please fill out the Small Group Proposal: