The Board of Trustees is held in trust by the membership to make decisions regarding Unity of Fairfax governance, developing policy, managing the overall budget, and hiring and evaluating the senior minister. In addition, the Board:
- upholds the spiritual purpose of Unity of Fairfax ministry through long-range planning
- establishes policy
- determines and conducts financial business
- authorizes the establishment of staff positions
- establishes fiscal conditions and operations of the ministry including financial disclosures
- determines and elects officers of the Board
- actively participates on committees as may be established by the ministry or by the Board itself
- acts as communications channel, being visible and available to the congregation
2019 Board Membership.
Seated: Jody Ruth, Cleo (the Trustee Mascot), Rev. Russell Heiland, Laura Berry, Gail Hughes.
Standing: Nancy Schneider, John Kell, John Dickman, Teresa Accomando.
The Board of Trustees has pledged to carry out all duties required by the by-laws of Unity of Fairfax. The Board oversees the management of the church in cooperation with our senior minister, Reverend Russell Heiland. The Board develops and implements long-range plans to ensure a thriving spiritual community based on the initiatives created by the community. The Board is visible and available to the congregation and responds in one collective voice to all requests and suggestions.
2019 Board of Trustees
- Teresa Accomando, First Chair
- John Dickman, Treasurer
- Nancy Schneider, Secretary
- Laura Berry, Keeper of the Flame
- Gail Hughes
- Jody Ruth
- John Kell
- Russell Heiland, Senior Minister
If you are interested in learning what will be included in an upcoming board meeting agenda, or to contact any member of the board, please email: email@example.com
- November 2018 Annual Meeting (updated with minutes from the meeting)
- Board Meeting Minutes
- Board Financial Reports
- Community Dialogue History
Last updated on March 2, 2019