Prayer has been the heart of Unity for over a century.
Unity uses prayer and meditation to forge a stronger connection to God and to assert positive beliefs about desired outcomes.
The Prayer of Truth
As the light of God we shine
As the love of God we embrace
As the power of God we stand in Truth
As the presence of God we radiate love
Wherever we are, God is
And all is well
- Submit an online Prayer Request
- When in-person services resume:
- On the prayer table to the left of the sanctuary entryway, fill out a Prayer Request form and place it in the prayer request box
- Before and after each Sunday service, a Prayer Chaplain will be available in the Sanctuary to pray with you.
- Contact Silent Unity. Call 1-800-NOW-PRAY (1-800-669-7729) to have a trained prayer ministry associate pray with you right now.
- Download the uPray APP to your Apple or Android device, and submit a prayer request, hear an affirmation, or listen to a meditation.
- Requests submitted through uPray go directly to Silent Unity, and are not received by Unity of Fairfax.
Select one of the tabs below:
A Prayer Chaplain is a member of Unity of Fairfax who provides prayer support to the congregation.
The most noticeable role people recognize as a Prayer Chaplain is seeing them pray with congregants after church service on Sundays. In that role of praying with others, a Prayer Chaplain is someone who will call on God’s presence and create and hold a spiritual space. They will lovingly listen to them. They will always pray from the heart space. Most importantly, what is shared will be held in confidence.
Go to the Prayer Chaplain Ministry page to see who is an active Prayer Chaplain, the requirements and duties of chaplains, what chaplains are not, and other information about the ministry.
Wednesday Prayer–Meditation Service
Unity of Fairfax holds a prayer and meditation service at noon on Wednesdays via livestreaming. Take a break from your busy schedule and join us for this special prayer time.
Community-Wide Chaplains' Chapel
Prayer and meditation in our virtual Chapel – Friday mornings at 10 a.m.
The Prayer Chaplain Ministry is facilitating a virtual gathering for prayer and meditation open to everyone. We will meet weekly for 30 minutes. A prayer chaplain will open the gathering with an invocation, reading or poem; provide an opportunity for participants to share affirmations, gratitude or prayer requests; and then invite all participants into 15–20 minutes of silence and resting in our shared being.
Register for the Zoom link on the Classes & Events page under Ongoing Online Events heading.
Select one of the tabs below:
Thought for the Day
The Thought for the Day team provides an uplifting and inspiring message changed daily.
The service is available by phone 24 hours a day; call:
- Main Telephone: (703) 281-0335
Silent UnitySilent Unity is a worldwide prayer ministry that has been in continuous prayer with people of all faiths for more than 120 years. Through times of war, peace, depression, and prosperity, the prayer vigil in Silent Unity’s chapel and the brightly shining beacon atop its cupola have continued uninterrupted.
If you have an immediate prayer request, call Silent Unity at 800-669-7729 (800-NOW-PRAY) to have a trained prayer ministry associate pray with you right now. Silent Unity provides prayer support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to people of all faiths from around the world.
You can also listen to meditations read aloud in the Silent Unity chapel, relax into guided meditations, and find affirmations on healing, prosperity and inner peace. You may also be interested in:
- Prayers You May Want to Pray
- Read Today’s Daily Word
- Download the uPray app to your Apple or Android device, and submit a prayer request, hear an affirmation or listen to a meditation. Requests submitted through uPray go directly to Silent Unity and are not received by Unity of Fairfax.
World Day of Prayer Readings
GUIDANCE: Have you ever felt as if someone had turned the lights out on your life and gone home? When you need guidance, you may feel this way. Read more...
HEALING - FEELING OUR WAY THROUGH: I used to struggle, fighting off sadness or trying not to be anxious, but as most of us learn, once that drop of melancholy or unrest beads on the heart, trying to feel anything else is denial. Read more...
INNER PEACE: As individuals we earnestly desire peace. We want peace in our homes, in our countries and in our relationships with one another. We want peace in our innermost thoughts and feelings. Read more...
FORGIVNESS: There is a story told of Leonardo da Vinci and his painting of the Last Supper . . . before he commenced work on his painting, he had a quarrel with a fellow painter. Read more...