Prayer has been the heart of Unity for over a century
Unity uses prayer and meditation to forge a stronger connection to God and to assert positive beliefs about desired outcomes.
- Submit an online Prayer Request
- On the prayer table to the left of the sanctuary entryway, fill out a Prayer Request form and place it in the prayer request box
- Before and after each Sunday service a Prayer Chaplain will be available in the Sanctuary to pray with you.
- Contact Silent Unity. Call 1-800 -NOW-PRAY (1-800-669-7729) to have a trained prayer ministry associate pray with you right now.
- Download the uPray APP to your Apple or Android device, and submit a prayer request, hear an affirmation or listen to a meditation.
- Requests submitted through uPray go directly to Silent Unity and are not received by Unity of Fairfax.
Wednesday Noon Prayer Service
Unity of Fairfax holds a prayer service at noon on Wednesdays. Take a break from your busy schedule and join us for this special prayer time.
Thought for the Day Team
The Thought for the Day Team provides an uplifting and inspiring message changed daily.
The service is available by phone 24 hours a day at (703) 281-0335.
Prayer Chaplains offer one-on-one prayer during Sunday morning services. Before each Sunday service, a Prayer Chaplain is available to pray with you by the Prayer Corner at the rear of the Sanctuary. After each service, Prayer Chaplains stand in the front of the Sanctuary and by the Prayer Corner, ready and waiting to pray with you.
Prayer Chaplains receive extensive training. When you pray with a Prayer Chaplain, he or she will:
- Hold a sacred, prayerful consciousness
- Listen lovingly to your prayer request
- Pray from the heart, knowing the Christ within does the work
- Release your request to God, knowing the healing, loving, peaceful power of Spirit is present at all times, in all situations
- Hold your prayer request in confidence
- Provide information, when asked, on resources for counseling or other assistance
Prayer Chaplains do not counsel or advise, fulfill the role of a personal confidante, discuss your prayer request with others or make judgments about information shared with them. For more information visit the Prayer Chaplain page.
Silent Unity is a worldwide prayer ministry that has been in continuous prayer with people of all faiths for more than 120 years. Through times of war, peace, depression, and prosperity, the prayer vigil in Silent Unity’s chapel and the brightly shining beacon atop its cupola have continued uninterrupted.
If you have an immediate prayer request, call Silent Unity at 800-669-7729 (800-NOW-PRAY) to have a trained prayer ministry associate pray with you right now. Silent Unity provides prayer support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to people of all faiths from around the world.
- Prayers You May Want to Pray
- Read Today's Daily Word
- Download the uPray APP to your Apple or Android device, and submit a prayer request, hear an affirmation or listen to a meditation. Requests submitted through uPray go directly to Silent Unity and are not received by Unity of Fairfax.
The Prayer of Truth
As the light of God we shine
As the love of God we embrace
As the power of God we stand in Truth
As the presence of God we radiate love
Wherever we are
And all is well
World Day of Prayer Readings, 2015
GUIDANCE: Have you ever felt as if someone had turned the lights out on your life and gone home? When you need guidance, you may feel this way. Read more... HEALING - FEELING OUR WAY THROUGH: I used to struggle, fighting off sadness or trying not to be anxious, but as most of us learn, once that drop of melancholy or unrest beads on the heart, trying to feel anything else is denial. Read more... INNER PEACE: As individuals we earnestly desire peace. We want peace in our homes, in our countries and in our relationships with one another. We want peace in our innermost thoughts and feelings. Read more... FORGIVNESS: There is a story told of Leonardo da Vinci and his painting of the Last Supper . . . before he commenced work on his painting, he had a quarrel with a fellow painter. Read more...