When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times
by Pema Chödrön
Online Discussion Group
This classic book is practical, inspirational and easy-to-read, and challenges us to embrace times when things fall apart. We will explore the ancient wisdom in the book and tools for our current challenges.
“To be fully alive, fully human, and completely awake is to be continually thrown out of the nest. To live fully is to be always in no-man’s-land, to experience each moment as completely new and fresh. To live is to be willing to die over and over again.”
There is no fee for this group discussion, but donations/love offerings to Unity of Fairfax are welcome.
- This discussion group is four weeks long.
- This group begins Tuesday, June 16, and ends Tuesday, July 7.
- There is one 90-minute group per week.
- Groups are conducted online via Zoom.
- To ensure good discussions, the group is limited to 12 participants.
- To participate, please obtain a copy of the book, have the capability to receive emails, and have audio and video capability for Zoom.
- Before the first session, you will receive the Zoom link by email.
About the Facilitator
Donna Lee is a long time Unity student and an Ordained Peace Minister. She has studied HeartMath, NonViolent Communication, the ConnectionPractice/BePeace, and Mindfulness. She was instrumental in creating and organizing the Small Groups program at Unity of Fairfax.