NOTICE: Virtual Meetings In Effect
During this period time of social distancing, we are meeting by Zoom conference on your smart phone or computer. The Zoom app is available free of charge for either iPhone or Android. The presentation is from 10:00 to 10:50 a.m., stopping in time for everyone to watch the service live-streaming. The virtual Zoom conference room will be open from 9:30 if people wish to congregate and mingle.
Each week is different, often featuring a different presenter and topic. Some weeks are put together to create short series.
Here is what’s coming up for the next months with each presenter’s topic.
- May 31 – Jane Byerley, Jung Society of Washington. Carl Jung: Mysteries, Miracles, and Synchronicities. In times of quiet and contemplation--and many of us have had a lot of that recently—we often consider events we think of as numinous. This might include contemplation of the soul, or the deity, or maybe just our dreams. To what extent are the elements of our lives coincident or meaningfully related? Jung studied and reflected on the numinous through events that occurred to him, his work with patients, his inner work and his dreams. This morning, we will also consider the numinous through Jung’s view of something he coined “synchronicity”, how it might relate to what some of us think of as “miracles”, and how these might be related.
- June 7 – Aimee Shapiro, JD, LCSW coming to us via VA center in California. The Role of Spirituality in the Treatment of Psychological Trauma. Aimee is a practicing therapist with the Veterans Administration treating a variety of trauma issues, including Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). She will discuss how wounded spirituality manifests in trauma victims, and how spirituality can play a clinically significant role in the successful treatment of trauma.
- June 14 – Jean Walker-Wiley & Nina Gibson. Celebrating the Summer Solstice Using a Virtual Medicine Wheel. Please join us as we prepare for the summer solstice. You will learn about the meaning and history of the medicine wheel, and how you can use Unity’s medicine wheel. We will provide a virtual medicine wheel experience during the Zoom class. Use your drum, rattle, flute, or other noise maker, to chant and drum during class. Prepare for our June 20, 4:44–5:44 p.m. Summer Solstice Celebration, again on Zoom.
- June 21 – Jeanmarie Klitzner. Your Sacred Anatomy – An Introduction to the Work of Desda Zuckerman. This presentation is an introduction to Desda Zuckerman’s groundbreaking work mapping our Sacred Anatomy and her transformational subtle healing modality based on the radical premise that consciousness is anatomical. The Sacred Anatomy refers to the seven systems of subtle and electromagnetic energy extending out 20 feet in all directions from your physical body. The soul surrounds, and has a physical relationship around us, as well as within us. The impact of having an anatomical relationship with our souls and the experience of consciously taking ownership of ourselves as One Body filled with divine light is truly empowering.
- June 28 – Stephen Flemming, Unity ministerial candidate, Houston, TX.
If you have any questions, concerns, suggestions, or just want more information, please contact:
Peter Chapin: PeterAndJudy@verizon.net
Judy Rodgers: Judy@BreakthroughAchievements.com
- Dave Wiley: email@example.com
If you send Dave Wiley your email address, then you will be placed on the weekly mailing list for reminders and additional information about upcoming programs.
While Unity encourages spiritual exploration, the views shared by this presenter and/or in this presentation may not represent the teachings of the Unity movement.