Whats New > Season for Nonviolence
Breaking News and Photo Albums
- The Association for Global New Thought has created a special photo and video collage to honor the 16th Anniversary of the Season for Nonviolence, and to acknowledge all of the efforts to promote peace and nonviolence during the 64 days. As a movement, the association is already making a statement with the power of collective actions and now we can increase the visibility of our message even after the Season! CLICK HERE>>
- The Vienna Connection, a local newspaper, featured our closing ceremony. Here's a link: CLICK HERE>>
- A photo gallery of sixteen photographs records highlights from the Closing Ceremony: CLICK HERE>>
- A photo gallery of more than thirty photographs captures the Opening Ceremony: CLICK HERE>>
WHAT IS IT
A Season for Nonviolence, January 30 - April 4, is a national 64-day educational, media, and grassroots campaign dedicated to demonstrating that nonviolence is a powerful way to heal, transform, and empower our lives and our communities.
Inspired by the 50th and 30th memorial anniversaries of Mahatma Gandhi and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., this international event honors their vision for an empowered, nonviolent world.
INVITATION FROM REV. DR. MICHAEL BERNARD BECKWITH
Because peace-building depends upon those of us who are willing to go to the edge of the possible, to pave the way into a new evolutionary era, I urge you—my worldwide brothers and sisters—to consider how your individual contribution can seed the evolution of a global culture of peace through your participation in the Season for Nonviolence this year.
Making peace must start within ourselves, in our families, and in our congregation.
- Each of us, as members of Unity of Fairfax Church, must commit ourselves as best we can to become nonviolent and peaceable people. Download the Pledge of Peace: CLICK HERE>>
- A Season for Nonviolence Program: 64 WAYS IN 64 DAYS. Download the Daily Comprehensive Reflections: CLICK HERE>>
Saturday, February 2, 2013
INTERFAITH PEACE CELEBRATION
A beautiful photo gallery of more than thirty photographs captures the essence of the event: CLICK HERE>>
Opening Ceremony of A Season for Nonviolence
7:00 pm to 9:00 PM
Unity of Fairfax Church
2854 Hunter Mill Road, Oakton VA 22124
Representatives from various faith traditions shared readings, teachings and expressive elements of their faith weaving around the theme of peace. Over a dozen traditions participated, including Vedanta, Buddhist, Native American, Divine Feminine, Jewish, Christian, Islamic, Sikh, Baha'i, New Thought and Ahmadiyyah Muslim.
Everyone is welcome to join A Season for Nonviolence activities. All events, except for two workshops and the POSI concert, are on a love offering basis.
Saturday, April 6, 2013
A photo gallery of sixteen photographs records highlights from the Closing Ceremony: CLICK HERE>>
Join us for an inspiring evening of uplifting music from Mosaic Harmony and New Day and readings and expressions of peace from Martin Luther King, Jr., Gandhi, other faith traditions and our own community.
Mosaic Harmony's performance is funded in part by the Arts Council of Fairfax County, supported by Fairfax County.
Dessert (pot luck) reception after Ceremony. Love offering.
Sundays, April 7, 14 & 21, 2013 [NEW DATES]
ETHICS FOR THE NEW MILLENNIUM by the Dalai Lama
12:30 to 1:45 PM
Book study group in room 2. Email Sandra Bell to register: email@example.com
The Art & Practice of Living with Nothing and No One Against You and the Dark Side of Light Chasers will be RESCHEDULED in the Spring. Contact Greg Sieb for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org
Art & Practice of Living with Nothing and No One Against You
What would life be like if you lived every minute of every day with the deep peace of knowing that nothing and no one is against you? Too often in life we believe that outer circumstances are holding us back, driving us crazy, or causing us pain. When we wait for others to change, for outer circumstances to adjust, we give away our sense of wholeness and our very freedom to craft the life our heart desires. Tuition: $35 including workbook.
THE DARK SIDE OF LIGHT CHASERS
An exploration of our shadow side using some material from the Debi Ford book. Class is strongly recommended before attending the Art and Practice workshop.
Enjoy reading about and seeing photos of each of the events after they take place during a Season for Nonviolence. CLICK HERE>>
Last updated on April 28, 2013