2854 Hunter Mill Road, Oakton,
VA 22124. Phone: 703-281-1767
Groups > Sunday Support > New Members
Mentors work with prospective new members to make them feel welcome to the Unity of Fairfax family
The Role of Mentors
The Unity of Fairfax Mentoring Program aspires to foster a growing number of new members to our spiritual community. It provides new members with a loving and inclusive welcome. Mentors support newcomers on a path to become members of our church.
Every mentor is supported by the entire Mentoring Team.
Julius or Mary Ann Hankin at 703-734-1024 or at email@example.com.
Responsibility and Role of Mentors
- Participate in the mentor training session.
- Participate in new member’s group meetings (such as the Prospective- Member-Mentor-Mingle).
- Get to know the person you are assigned to by personal contact, discussions, or participating in small groups, respecting confidentiality in your relationship.
- Review the membership requirements with them and answer questions.
- Join with the prospective member(s) in their required classes, as your time permits. (5 Basic Principles, core class by one of the ministers, history of Unity of Fairfax).
- Guide them to participate in volunteer opportunities and ways to be of service, based on their interests and the needs of Unity.
- Introduce them to others at Unity of Fairfax at Sunday fellowship, classes, and other Unity programs and events.
- Encourage them to read Unity literature.
Last updated on April 17, 2012