Healing TouchTM is a nursing based continuing education program for registered nurses, physicians, body therapists, counselors, psycho-therapists, other health professionals, and individuals desiring an in-depth understanding and practice of healing work using energy based concepts.
Healing Touch ProgramTM Description
A course of study toward a certificate of completion in Healing TouchTM which incorporates a variety of basic to advanced healing modalities. The program is sequenced in 6 levels allowing participants to move from beginner to advanced practitioner, expert and instructor. Certification as a Healing Touch Practitioner and Instructor is available on application following completion of course work and additional requirements.
Level 1 Description
Level 1 begins with 16-18 continuing education contact hours of instruction, allowing persons with varying
backgrounds to enter, acknowledge their previous learning, and to further develop concepts and skills in
energy-based therapy. A strong commitment to personal growth is required.
The participant will learn how to:
- Describe the human energy system relationship to physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health.
- Discuss energy principles basic to HT
- Assess the energy field and energy centers.
- Identify a basic Healing Touch sequence.
- Demonstrate specific intervention techniques used in Healing Touch
- Discuss applications of Healing Touch in personal and professional practice.
Level 1 Course Content:
- Energy system concepts related to health
- Basics of energy system, energy field and energy centers
- Location and function of chakras
- Assessment of the energy field and energy centers
- Meditation for centering and maintaining energetic flow.
- Principles and practice of Healing Touch
- Selected intervention techniques: Basic Healing Touch Sequence, Magnetic Passes, Magnetic
- Clearing, Chakra Connection (1 on 1, 2 on 1, self), Headache Techniques (Tension, migraine, sinus),
- Ultra Sound, Laser, Chakra Spread, Scudder (Optional), Mind Clearing (Optional)
- Principles of self-healing
Continuing Education Contact Hours – 16
|Friday, May 23, 2014||7:00 - 10:00 PM|
|Saturday, May 24, 2014||8:30 AM - 6:30 PM|
|Sunday, May 25, 2014||2:00 - 6:00 PM|
Location: Unity of Fairfax, 2854 Hunter Mill Road, Oakton, (Fairfax), Virginia, 22124
Cost: (Notebooks included in pricing)
- Regular Tuition - $340.
- HTPA or AHNA Member Tuition - $320
- Full time student (ID required) - $255
- Repeat - $255
Register and purchase tickets online -
Maureen H McCracken, PMHCNS, BC
Healing TouchTM Certified Practitioner/Instructor. Maureen studied with Janet Mentgen, Founder of Healing TouchTM for all the original classes. She teaches: Levels 1-5. She has been teaching since 1994 and has
been a guest on TV, radio and national conferences. She is a psychiatric-mental health clinical nurse specialist, board certified. Maureen is happily married to Hiroshi Uyama and mother of Brian McCracken, spoken word poet residing in Olympia, WA. She is a member of Unity of Fairfax since 2002, choir and chamber ensemble. She has private practice in Herndon, VA.
updated April 18, 2014